CALIFORNIA TRANSPARENCY IN SUPPLY CHAINS ACT
In acknowledging our legal obligation to disclose our efforts in combating modern slavery and trafficking:
- Engages in verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery. The disclosure shall specify if the verification was not conducted by a third party.
- Conducts audits of suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with company standards for trafficking and slavery in supply chains. The disclosure shall specify if the verification was not an independent, unannounced audit.
- Requires direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business.
- Maintains internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors failing to meet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking.
- Provides company employees and management, who have direct responsibility for supply chain management, training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chains of products.
6. we verify product supply chains, from within our internal Sourcing and Compliance team, adopting practices and procedures in line with SEDEX’s SEMTA (SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit) framework.
7. we evaluate product supply chains in compliance with the laws and regulations of the counties in which they operate by independent third party audits, supplemented by unannounced audits by our internal Sourcing and Compliance team.
8. we expect our suppliers to ensure the materials incorporated into the product, comply with the laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate.
9. we maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors who fail to meet company standards regarding slavery and human trafficking. Suppliers must cooperate with our internal Sourcing and Compliance team (or third parties appointed by them) regarding the compliance and observance of standards and procedures set out by KELLJU.
10. we provide training and guidance on human trafficking and slavery to employees who have direct responsibility for supply chain management, and employees who select suppliers and purchase orders.
Updated: March 2022